Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mozart Lounge



I am always on the hunt for a good old dive bar, and i usually use the neon signs as the main criteria to whether or not I should go inside. I know, is pretty strange, but I'm a sucker for cool neon signs.
I live right off of Colfax avenue, which is one of the country's longest avenues and used to be a highway. There are still tons of motels, old theaters and diners dating back to the days of the cruising culture of the 50s. And that means lots of neon signs!
So the other day me and my friend Cynthia decided to try out The Mozart Lounge, because i kept driving by and LOVED the sign, and also to take a break from the P.S. Lounge, our favorite Colfax dive and home away from home, where Pete, the owner always welcome us ( and all the other girls) with a shot and a rose.
Turned out the Mozart lounge neighborhood dive had just turned into Aqua lounge neighborhood gay bar. They kept the neon sign at least for now (thank god) and have a smoking patio which is always a plus in my book. The decor was kinda pretentious yet falling a part-ish, and they didn't have any tonic for our gins but were nice enough to run and get us some. I'm happy they're there but overall i don't think we will be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment